Web Designer / Developer / Teacher / Entrepreneur
I specialize in mixing technology with business. I have been managing websites for companies throughout the Inland Empire for 5 years. I am currently employed as a Career Technical Educator at Beaumont High School, located in Beaumont, CA. In Fall of 2017, I finished my Bachelors Degree from the University of California Riverside with a concentration in Marketing and a degree in Computer Information Systems from Crafton Hills College. I am the founder of Student Hires, a student-run creative agency striving to provide quality work experience to students in our community.Download Resume
- Name: Manuel Zavala
- From: San Bernardino, CA
- University of California Riverside 2017-2019
- B.S. Business Administration - Concentration: Marketing
- Crafton Hills College 2015-2017
- A.S. Computer Information Systems Major, Emphasis in Web Design
- Relevant Coursework:
- Intro to Computing (iOS apps)
- C Programming
- Java Programming
- Web Page Programming and Design
- Website Design and Programming using Dreamweaver
- Intro to PhotoShop
- Computer Graphics with Adobe Illustrator
- Desktop Publishing With Adobe Indesign
- Founder at Student Hires
- Student Hires is a student-run organization, employing college students from various universities throughout the Inland Empire. We create hands-on experiential after-school programs led by college students that increase the career readiness of disadvantaged youth in our community.
- Career Technical Educator for PAL Charter Academy High School
- November 2017 - Present
- Develop course curriculum for technology class. Teaching high school grades 9-12
- Contracted with the school to offer Career Technical Education courses on Information Technology.
- Coordinated with a staff of up to 5 student instructors to facilitate traditional classroom sessions.
- Delivered and constructed lesson plans for career technical education pathways in web development, cybersecurity, and basic technology classes.
- Interim Creative Director for Voice Marketing
- Assumed creative director role, managing a team of 6 web and graphic design freelancers
- Delegated tasks to designers and coordinated effectively to complete web and graphics projects for clients ahead of schedule.
- Assisted the organization in improving business information systems, creating systems that increased productivity and reliability.
- Strategized with management to launch new marketing initiatives and sales funnels.
- Web Developer for Voice Marketing
- Coordinated with the Creative Director to complete web and graphics projects in a telecommuting role.
- Maintained and developed websites for a variety of clients throughout the Inland Empire.
- Performed on-page and off-page SEO analysis and optimization for multiple clients.
- Worked on graphic design projects from conception to production.
- Practiced effective communication and completed assignments in a timely manner while juggling projects for 5+ companies at any given time.
- Web Developer for American Tax Empire
- Maintained and developed an online presence for American Tax Empire.
- Coordinated with business owner and stakeholders to produce additional online platforms for neighboring brands.
- Languages: HTML, CSS, PHP, C, JAVA
- Software: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint
- CMS Systems: Wordpress, WooCommerce, OpenCart, Drupal, Joomla, October